WordPress vs. Blogger


At a recent business expo, I overheard someone recommend switching to WordPress from Blogger. As a long time Blogger user, this piqued my interest. After a two-year hiatus, I'm looking to revive my blog, so I want to use the blogging solution that's the best fit. That's why I decided to do my homework and investigate.

Which is better, WordPress or Blogger? The short answer is, neither, or both, depending on what you are trying to do with your blog and your level of expertise. After reading quite a few articles, I will summarize, with a caveat that I don't quite agree, what the theme seems to be: WordPress for serious business and Blogger for beginners or casual Bloggers.

That said, obviously you are reading this on a Blogger blog. I started with Blogger in 2006 and I am a huge fan. I think there is value to using Blogger and I like the service. The ability to customize is excellent, although knowing your HTML is helpful when customizing Blogger.

If you want to do your own research, here is a list of excellent articles reviewing the two:

  1. WordPress Vs Blogger And Their Pro Blogging, SEO And Social Media Advantages And Disadvantages
  2. Blogger vs WordPress vs Tumblr Comparison - 2012
  3. Blogging service shootout: Blogger vs. WordPress
  4. WordPress vs Blogger: It never ends well



Comments

Popular Posts